Thursday, November 09, 2006

Cummon Bokke !!

I am a very happy man today !!

As you may know I am a very staunch fan of the Boys in Green and Gold (Bokke).Well they are playing here in Dublin this weekend against the Irish and the fever is getting catchy.... As Always I am shouting my mouth off to anyone who may listen (and to a few who wont !!).
Two years ago I was doing the same and made my name completely "Tottie" cos they actually beat us for the first time in My living memory.... Not good when you work in Ireland and your boss is a rugby-head too.....

Anyway...... Today i got a call from an aquaintance who owns a "South African Shop" In Dublin to say that the Bok team was on their way over to his shop for an impromptu Shirt signing..... so off I went to the shop and I bought their last big SA Flag..... while I was there some of the Bok team arrived and I got to really chat with them cos I was nearly the only guy there !! They all signed the flag for me and then we just stood around shootin the breeze... They are REALLY hungry to put the Ghost of 2004 to rest and promised me faithfully that they would put things right for me !! :-) They are a great bunch of guys !!

I have complete faith in them and have a list of bets as long as my arm from the lads in my local rugby club.... So, my next blog will either be euphoric and jovial or sent from the poor-house :-) !!

Hold thumbs for me and watch out for me on TV on Saturday afternoon (I'll be the eejit waving the SA flag in the seated stands with the huge grin on my face !!!

Cummon Bokke !! Time to show the Irish that they are better at Guinness than Rugby !!

11 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, Blogger DelBoy said...

Please, please, please let me touch it!

See you Saturday!

And may the best team (read 'Bokke') win!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said...

I am completely green!!!! Both with envy and Bok support!!! You better have a "hello Jo in SA" message taped to your flag. Then you will definately be on TV!!!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Bosbefok said...

Hi Delboy

Only if you touch it gently :-)
I cant wait for Saturday. I have your tickets at the ready . got them last night...along with a few too many guinness :-)

Hi Buddess. I will see what i can do to put a message on it !! Keep the faith.... the boys will bring home a win for us !! We are being billed as underdogs here by the bookies and the press....

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Flea said...

HI there,thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I really enjoyed your posts, it made me laugh while I'm suppose to study!!
Take care, good luck to the Bokke and hope to see you around more.
How's living in Ireland going?

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

can't say that i'm a fan but the signed flag sounds pretty cool, good luck with the match.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said...

Oh Buddy!! My heart is broken!! I will not give up believing in them. I know they can do it!!! How's life in the poor house???

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Terri said...

Bah Humbug. How's the poorhouse treating you?

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

too bad friend, i know how you feel, in the states i watch a liitle college football and twice this year my team has let me down, but they've been playing well the last few weeks, keep your head up and since the poor house doesn't have an internet hookup i guess we'll have to wait until you get out to hear from you. good luck. 11-16-06

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Bosbefok said...

Woe is me !!!!

Hannelie - Its getting colder now (especially i the poorhouse )

Chuck - thanks for the consoling ...I have to go thru it all again this weekend when we take on the Brits at "Fortress Twickenham".

Its the question - i may have but the other fans bought up all the razorblades :-)

Buddess - we may be the only 2 true fans left on this lonely planet... :-)

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

ok dude, all bokke aside, it's been almost two weeks since a new posting, where ya been hiding?

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Bosbefok said...

Hi Chuck

I was wallowing in self putrification.....but then They bounced back and Beat the English at "Fortress Twickenham" so right now Im recovering from a hangover.... :-)
Plus our firewall at work cant make up its mind if i can post or not.... i will be over to visit you shortly ... C ya Mate....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home