Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Stealing never felt so good...

So there I was, working away this morning when I heard (Quite Loudly) the sound of a cash register …. Shortly followed by a wailing siren….. A colleague over the partition went puce in colour and quickly fiddled with his laptop. I stood up and declared “ Youre a drug dealer and youre playing Dope wars !!”. the rest of the office looked at me as if I had gone nuts !!
My outburst was a kind of knee jerk reaction – cos once you have played Dope wars ( a simple - but hugely addictive pc game freely downloadable) you will never forget the sounds associated with the intense frustration of building up a sackload of cash by dealing all these different drugs in all the dodgiest spots around the world only to be chased by the cops and bitten by dogs and getting mugged on the underground and ending up having to borrow cash from a loan shark with a weird name to pay another loan shark with an even weirder name before his goons visit you with a chainsaw …..or throw you out the 3rd story window of your apartment !!
A most enjoyable way of spending a few minutes while waiting to do something else. The big problem arises when you find yourself still battling the odds at 3am , with dry eyes and aching shoulder muscles ….. and the thing you were going to do now has to be done another day…..
This is especially true with my latest game “Call of Duty” I spend my life keeping the world safe from the onslaught of the Krauts only to have the map change and a wave of pesky Russians trying to oust me from my comfortable homeland 
Online gaming ……. Time thief, stolen moments that feel great !!

5 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said...

I am guilty of the same. I sometimes post to my blog from work too.
Can't help it... I am corrupt... hehehe!!![wailing loudly]

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Bosbefok said...

Im afraid I dont feel any guilt for that..... Posting it at home means I cant defend my patch in C.O.D..... :-)Its like taking up good drinking time Ha Ha !

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Ah, yes, Dope Wars... a good wholesome game ;-)
And Chitty, I'm shocked at your audacity - posting at work indeed! I would never dream of doing such a thing, myself. Of course writing something at work and then emailing it to myself at home to post later doesn't count...

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger DelBoy said...

Sounds like a great way to 'waste' time... except that I do it with the Playstation hooked up to the internet and playing Medal of Honour or SOCOM: Navy Seals.

:-)

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said...

What is wrong with posting at work?? Don't have time to do it at home. At work I'm alone in the office, no disturbance, at home I have kids, dishes, supper, bathtime,.....etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home